HSSE, HuRand commitment to EU sanctions against Russia
Autek AS policy on health, safety, security, environment and human rights
Autek commits to:
- Protect people, prevent pollution and safeguard the environment.
- Implement Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) requirements designed to comply with applicable legislation and to achieve continuous performance improvement.
- Respect internationally recognized Human Rights (HuR) wherever we operate in accordance with the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGP).
- Set objectives and targets, measure, review and report on HSSE, Human Rights and Process Safety.
In conducting its business activities, Autek will ensure that:
- The organization is geared to protect Health, Safety, Security and the Environment and that these aspects, including HuRand Work Safety will not be compromised in order to achieve any other business objectives.
- The organization is geared to protect Health, Safety, Security and the Environment and that these aspects, including and HuRwill not be compromised in order to achieve any other business objectives.
- Applicable HSSE regulations as well as HuRobligations will be understood and met.
- Partners and sub suppliers conduct their activities for Autek AS in accordance with the principles of this policy and implement agreed associated requirements.
- Persons and assets associated with our business activities, as well as the natural and social environment in which we operate, are safeguarded by identifying the health and safety hazards, security threats and/or environmental aspects and enacting measures to eliminate or control the associated risks and minimize their impact
- Actual and potential adverse Human Rights impacts are identified; measures will be put in place to prevent, mitigate or, if required, remediate these impacts and the effectiveness of the measures will be monitored and communicated.
- All AUTEK personnel and personelhired by Autek strive to understand and implement the HSSE and HuRrequirements pertaining to their work.
Autek AS human rights standards
AUTEK AS is committed to conducting business in accordance with our commitment to the United Nations’ (UN) Guiding Principlesfor Business and Human Rights (UNGPs), Building Responsibly’ s Worker Welfare Principles and AUTEK’s Code of Conduct. The AUTEK Human Rights Standards below set out the principles that we expect to be upheld by our employees, contracted workers, suppliers of any tier and business partners(“People”) wherever we operate. These standards reflect international best practice and internationally recognized Human Rights legislation, including UN and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions. AUTEK AS will focus on People most vulnerable to adverse impacts. We acknowledge that our Human Rights efforts will continuously evolve and that our Human Rights journey at AUTEK AS will develop as we mature.
1. People are treated with dignity, respect, and fairness
- People, irrespective of their nationality, gender, ethnicity, social and legal status, race, religion, or other protected status, are treated with dignity, respect, and fairness, and are not subject to harassment, discrimination, abuse, or inhuman or degrading.
2. People are free from any form of modern slavery
- People shall be recruited through ethical and legal means whereby all recruitment shall be free from discrimination and all forms of involuntary labor, slavery, and human trafficking.
- Recruitment practices are ethical, legal, voluntary, free from discrimination and responsible, including without limitation acommitment not to use prison labor or recruitment fees and a commitment to provide transparent conditions of employment for people.
3. Child labor shall not be tolerated
- The use or support of child labor is strictly prohibited, and suitable protection shall be afforded to young people at all times.
4. Working and living conditions are safe, healthy, clean, and habitable
- People have a safe and healthy work environment, subject to a robust health and safety management system that is in line withour HSSE policy.
- People, when provided with accommodation whilst working, have living conditions that are safe, clean, hygienic and habitable.
5. People are provided with a living wage
- People are paid a fair wage that is in line with legal standards or industry benchmarks sufficient to meet their basic needs and provide for some discretionary income.
- Benefits and allowances granted to people under applicable labor laws shall not be avoided through the casualization of labor.
6. Unfair and unreasonable working hours shall not be imposed on people.
- At a minimum, working hours should not go beyond a level that puts people’s health and safety at risk.
- Working hours comply with applicable laws, collective bargaining agreements (where applicable) and industry standards on workinghours and public holidays.
7. People’s right to freedom of association, assembly and collective bargaining will be respected, in accordance with local law.
- People representatives are not discriminated against and have the access needed to carry out their representative functions in the workplace.